Wes Clark Jr. of The Young Turks interviews environmental activists and filmmakers Josh Fox and Deia Schlosberg. Josh’s Oscar-nominated documentary Gasland brought the dangers of fracking to a worldwide audience while Deia has been all over the news lately after she was arrested while filming an anti-fracking #NoDAPL protest in North Dakota. The two of them collaborated on the new film, How to Let Go of The World And Love All the Things Climate Can’t Change. http://www.howtoletgomovie.com/
Contribute to the legal fund for the activists fighting tar sand pipelines here: http://www.shutitdown.today/
About Josh Fox:
– Oscar-nominated documentarian behind 2010’s Gasland as well as 2013’s Gasland II
– Gasland was awarded the Sundance Film Festival’s 2010 Special Jury Prize for Documentary
– Gasland helped bring widespread attention to fracking and the environmental consequences the procedure has on groundwater.
– New film is called How to Let Go of The World And Love All the Things Climate Can’t Change
– Founder and artistic director of a film and theater company in New York City called the International WOW Company.
– His first narrative feature film was Memorial Day, which covers the issues of American party culture, the Iraq war and torture as it travels from Ocean City, Maryland to Abu Ghraib.
– In February 2012 he was arrested during a U.S. House of Representatives subcommittee hearing on fracking when he attempted to videotape the proceedings.
– Helped found The Solutions Project, an organization aimed at moving The United States towards 100% renewable energy
– He was awarded the 2010 Lennon Ono Grant for Peace by Yoko Ono
About Deia Schlosberg:
– Has a Master of Fine Arts in Science & Natural History Filmmaking from Montana State University
– She produced How to Let Go of the World and Love All the Things Climate Can’t Change.
– She won the National Geographic Adventurer of the Year award in 2009 after spending two years trekking 7,800 miles through the Andes Mountains
– On October 11, 2016, she was arrested while filming protesters of the TransCanada Keystone Pipeline in Walhalla, North Dakota. She was charged with conspiracy to theft of property, conspiracy to theft of services and conspiracy to tampering with or damaging a public service and faces 45 years in prison.
Like this interview? Enough that you want to throw a little Bitcoin our way? Great! Do it here: https://www.coinbase.com/TYT
For more interviews, subscribe TYT Interviews: https://www.youtube.com/tytinterviews
Support TYT while shopping on Amazon through this link (bookmark it!) http://www.amazon.com/?tag=theyoungtu…
Buy TYT Merch: http://shoptyt.com/
The Largest Online News Show in the World. Hosted by Cenk Uygur and Ana Kasparian. LIVE STREAMING weekdays 6-8pm ET.http://www.tytnetwork.com/live
Young Turk (n), 1. Young progressive or insurgent member of an institution, movement, or political party. 2. Young person who rebels against authority or societal expectations. (American Heritage Dictionary)
Download audio and video of the full two hour show on-demand + the members-only post game show by becoming a member athttp://www.tytnetwork.com/join/. Your membership supports the day to day operations and is vital for our continued success and growth.