Political comedian and host of HBO’s Real Time, Bill Maher has a certain perception in the American zeitgeist. Everyone knows he’s a staunch atheist, a proponent of medical marijuana, and isn’t afraid of stirring up controversy.
Recently, Maher let the world in on 25 things about him they might not already know.
From US Weekly:
- I play basketball every day.
- I have been a PETA board member since 1997.
- I’ve never missed a taping of either Politically Incorrect or Real Time.
- The only time I missed a stand-up show was when the fog closed an airport!
- I’m a minority owner of the New York Mets.
- I jump on a trampoline every day. I believe it is good for my lymph system.
- My choice in spirits: tequila and tonic over ice.
- My favorite movie is Saving Private Ryan, which is also George W. Bush’s!
- I’ve kept a health log since 1975 with any medications I ever took.
- I would rather have to deal with a tiger than a spider.
- I got my star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2010.
- I juice at least six vegetables every day.
- I gave President Obama’s super PAC $1 million in 2012.
- My parents met in Europe in World War II. My mom was a nurse.
- I make a great omelet. My secret ingredient is a diced baked potato.
- I needed 120 credits to graduate college and had that exact amount.
- I have more than 5,000 songs on my iPod and I’ve listened to them all in alphabetical order. Twice.
- I always have two dogs.
- I love to bodysurf.
- I like to climb trees and always pick my own lemons and grapefruits from the trees in my yard.
- I thrown an annual party late Christmas night for those sick of family.
- I like fireproof cabinets the way Jay Leno likes cars. I have almost as many.
- I’m not good at math, but I can remember dates of any random event.
- Someone once called me a male chauvinist lamb and I was okay with it.
- I’ve been nominated for 34 Emmys and only won once — was it something I said?